Snow White Minus the Seven Dwarfs

Thank heaven for Simplicity 2813! This was a very fun project and it went together very easily! This was just a side project that I had to get out of my system since Snow White was the very first Disney Princess not to mention one of my favorites. Okay, who am I trying to kid here, they're all my favorite. Perhaps I was a Disney Princess in another life! ;) This was the first project that I've done that involved a satin stitch (I know, right?! Where have I been?) The red "slashes" on the puffy sleeves are simply applique. It was a lot easier than I thought. I did have some puckering on 1 or 2 of the curves, but with it being poofy I don't think anyone will notice. I still have the zipper to put in, the collar to make and a hem to place, but for the most part it is done. Once this is fully completed I will begin sewing my friend Stacy's 16th century undergarments (since she's finally let me measure her!). I will post on that soon. On a side note, does anyone know of where I can find steel hoop boning at a reasonable price? I need about 30 yards of 1/2" wide. The place I used (once upon a time - Greenberg & Hammer) apparently went Bankrupt last year. I could get 12 yards for about $18.00 and that was with shipping & handling. So far the cheapest I've found is $25 for 12 yards. Please let me know ASAP! You know how to reach me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here is the Whole Project!

Okay..so I lied...

New Year, New Me